We’re looking for a detail-obsessed accounting aficionado who digs working with people to join our team as a part time Bookkeeping Team Lead.
We love to work with people who are always learning and innovating in everything they do. Our team is made up of self-directed leaders who love supporting our clients and our community
The Bookkeeping Team Lead’s primary responsibility is in managing and overseeing our bookkeeping service and team. With both our team members and our clients, the goal is one of empowerment and supporting both team and clients to do their best work. Our services are remote and cloud-based, through Quickbooks Online.
Elysian Fields is a growing consultancy dedicated to giving ambitious business owners trainings, tools, and services to find success while staying true to their values and beliefs. Our team works both remotely and in person with a results-driven approach. Though deeply rooted in the Philadelphia community, we are stretching our wings elsewhere, and have had team members successfully work remotely from Paris to Portland. Our clients are a motley crew of inspiring, driven, passionate & compassionate, and interesting businesses covering a breadth of fields of practice.
We offer trainings and services focused on a breadth of business development, from bookkeeping to business planning, financials to operations and strategic growth planning and coaching; all with a focus on humans, happiness, and grounded in social justice and a feminist ethos.
We strive to be thoughtful about how we approach our work and lives, and we believe “work-life-integration” is a better framework than balance, and thus strongly believe in structuring our work and jobs in the direction of happiness. Employees are generally able to set their own schedule and hours and we regularly take time during “normal business hours” to spend time with family, take a yoga class, or walk in the woods with a friend, and we balance that freedom by showing up 110% when we are at work.
5-10 hours per-week to start, with room for growth; we are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
- Management of multi-person Bookkeeping Team, overseeing workflow and priorities; supports Operations Lead in managing calendar, capacity, and profitability.
- Primary resource for Bookkeeping Associates for questions and clarifications on specific client work and on general bookkeeping practices; initiates calls or meetings with BA’s when necessary to resolve discrepancies and work through problematic task.
- Meets with team on regular basis to ensure team feels supported, systems are working, and any yellow flags are being proactively solved.
- Works with team to ensure the highest level of customer service to clients; elevates and addresses bookkeeping client and team concerns and roadblocks. When necessary, works directly with client and client accountants to translate and resolve issues.
- Regular review of all client QuickBooks files for accuracy and identification of client accounting red flags.
- Day-to-day resource for accounting questions.
- Suggestions for improvement of EF bookkeeping system both for client relations and management, and internal work flow.
- Manages onboarding and offboarding of all bookkeeping clients
- Confirms that all new Monthly Bookkeeping and all special project clients are progressing in due time; leads onboarding of new clients.
- Exceptional customer service and an ability to respond gracefully and punctually to all manner of emails required. Ideal candidates are organized and clear communicators, both with internal EF team and with clients, and obsessive in attention to detail.
Skills & Experience
- Accounting experience, including knowledge of GAAP; current or previous CPA a plus
- Team management experience
- Project management experience
- Previous work with both for profit companies and non-profit organizations; understanding of different types of business models, including those with inventory, a bonus.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks /QB Online
- Candidate needs to have own computer; Elysian Fields to provide all necessary tools and software.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate in the $24-$27/hr range, based on experience, with opportunity for position and job growth.
- Flexible work hours and remote work ability (meaning we’d like you to be based in the Philadelphia Area, but allow for flexible location and remote work possibilities). Wednesday morning availability important, other hours are flexible.
- Christmas to New Year’s work ban. We close the offices and pay our entire team to take the week off.
- Co-working membership in Center City.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references in one PDF document to Jane Tower (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the email subject line “Bookkeeping Team Lead!”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
We will notify select candidates for interview.
Elysian Fields is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, or gender or sexual identity.